As COVID-19 situation continues to impact our community, Canberra Airport is working closely with state and federal governments to help prevent the spread. Our first priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, travellers, retailers and suppliers.
The Australian Government has announced that Australian citizens will be restricted from travelling overseas from 25 March 2020 at 1200hrs AEDST.
This travel restriction does not apply to:
- Persons ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia;
- Airline and maritime crew and associated safety workers;
- Persons engaged in the day to day conduct of outbound and inbound freight;
- Persons whose travel is associated with essential work at offshore facilities; and
- Persons travelling on official government business, including members of the Australian Defence Force.
Please note that all current travel restrictions for entry to Australia remain in place.
- All passengers arriving from overseas are required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
- Passengers who need to transfer to a domestic flight, can complete this transit prior to beginning their precautionary 14 day self-isolation period.
- For more details, please review the information published by the Australian Government Department of Health:
- Information for international travellers www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-international-traveller
- Isolation guidance www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-isolation-guidance
- Smart Traveller www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19
- Australian Border Force www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/current-alerts/novel-coronavirus
- Biosecurity www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling/to-australia/advice-to-travellers/human-health/coronavirus#travellers
International flight Information
Singapore Airlines has temporarily cancelled all international flights in and outbound from Canberra Airport from 20 March 2020 – June 30, 2020.
Qatar Airways has temporarily cancelled all international flights in and outbound from Canberra Airport from 1 April 2020 – 31 May 2020.
Singapore Airlines – https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/media-centre/newsalert-listing
Domestic flight Information
Significant changes to flight schedules have also impacted Qantas, Virgin Australia and Tiger Airways.
To make changes or get specific information about flight bookings, contact your airline or your travel agent directly:
At the Airport
Please be advised updated trading hours for all airport retail outlets and Visit Canberra Information booth:
- Cityhill coffee – Trading 9:30am -6:00pm daily
- news@CBR – Close temporarily until further notice
- Bakers Cut –Closed temporarily until further notice
- Noodles XO – Closed temporarily until further notice
- LOTTE Duty Free – Closed temporarily until end of April 20
- Visit Canberra information booth – Un staffed until further notice. Please call the Regatta Point Information Center for information – 1300 554 114
Taxi’s, ride share, rental car providers and public buses remain business as usual during this time. To book your transport; visit our transport page for details.
What you can do to reduce the spread of COVID-19?
We would encourage all passengers follow the hygiene recommendations from the Department of Health which include:
- Practice self-isolation if you are sick and phone your doctor for medical advice
- Washing your hands often with soap and water. For recommended hand washing tips from the Department of Health.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm, when sneezing or coughing.
- Following all protocols and advice issued by the Australian Government.
- Passengers travelling overseas are reminded that any liquids carried onto the plane (including hand sanitiser) need to be in containers sized 100ml or smaller