As COVID-19 situation begins to impact our community, Canberra Airport is working closely with state and federal governments to help prevent the spread. Our first priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, traveller, retailers and suppliers.
We’re currently working hard to create the safest possible travel environment for all passenger, and are closely monitoring all regular information in relation to COVID-19 from the Australian Department of Health and World Health Organisation, and will act accordingly.
Latest advice for International travellers and travel restrictions
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the Australian Government has implemented travel restrictions.
- All passengers arriving from overseas are required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
- Passengers who need to transfer to a domestic flight, can complete this transit prior to beginning their precautionary 14 day self-isolation period.
- For more details, please review the information published by the Australian Government Department of Health:
- Information for international travellers www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-international-traveller
- Isolation guidance www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-isolation-guidance
- Smart Traveller www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19
- Australian Border Force www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/current-alerts/novel-coronavirus
- Biosecurity www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling/to-australia/advice-to-travellers/human-health/coronavirus#travellers
Singapore Airlines has temporarily cancelled all international flights in and outbound from Canberra Airport from 20 March 2020 – 20 April 2020.
Qatar Airways has temporarily cancelled all international flights in and outbound from Canberra Airport from 1 April 2020 – 31 May 2020.
Significant changes to flight schedules have also impacted Qantas, Virgin Australia and Tiger Airways.
To make changes or get specific information about flight bookings, contact your airline or your travel agent directly:
Singapore Airlines – https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/media-centre/newsalert-listing
The advice from the Department of Health remains that the best measures to prevent the spread of infection is regular hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and avoiding touching your face. Further information can be found here.
For the latest health advice, please visit the ACT Department of Health website: www.health.act.gov.au/about-our-health-system/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
At the Airport
We’re currently working hard to create a safe environment for our guests, and are following all advice and information from the Australian Department of Health and World Health Organisation in relation to COVID-19, and will act accordingly.
Please be advised updated trading hours for all airport retail outlets
- cityhill coffee – trading 5:00am – 7:30pm MON-SUN
- news@CBR – trading 5:00am – 7:30pm MON-SUN
- Bakers Cut – Closed temporarily until further notice
- Noodles XO – Closed temporarily until further notice
- LOTTE Duty Free – Closed temporarily until end of April 20
What you can do to reduce the spread of Covid-19
We would encourage all passengers follow the hygiene recommendations from the Department of Health which include:
- Practice self-isolation if you are sick and phone your doctor for medical advice
- Washing your hands often with soap and water. For recommended handwashing tips from the Department of Health, click here.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm, when sneezing or coughing.
- Following all protocols and advice issued by the Australian Government.
- Passengers travelling overseas are reminded that any liquids carried onto the plane (including hand sanitiser) need to be in containers sized 100ml or smaller