“We”, “us” and “our” means Canberra Airport Pty Limited, Capital Airport Group Pty Limited and Majura Park Retail Pty Limited and all of their subsidiaries and associated companies.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information:
- when you deal with us directly by telephone, by correspondence through a letter or email, via our website or through direct face to face contact by using paper forms,
- when you use and/or register on this website, including by using log files and cookies;
- when you provide information to us online;
- when you sign up to join a mailing list or receive our newsletter;
- when you enter competitions or elect to participate in promotional activities;
- when you complete online surveys;
- when you sign up for any of our rewards programs;
- when you access any of our premises or property through the use of close circuit television (CCTV);
- from employees (or potential employees), suppliers and customers when they give their personal information to us directly;
- when we engage with you directly for a particular purpose, for example, to issue a particular ID card or authority, or if you enquire about leasing opportunities, book conference room facilities or arrange tenant car parking; and
- when necessary to assist with a health emergency, or otherwise assist with any special needs or requirements while you are at any of our premises.
The kinds of personal information we collect
- Identifying details, including your name, date of birth, driver’s licence, passport and birth certificate details;
- Contact information including your phone number, address and e-mail addresses;
- Information about your search queries while using our website. We use log files and cookies to gather this information, but please be assured the session cookies are only used during a browsing session and expire when you quit your browser;
- Financial details (including bank account and credit card details) when you deal with us directly;
- Recordings of images on CCTV;
- Vehicle registration details;
- Flight details;
- Health information but only as required to assist you during a health emergency or to otherwise assist you with any special needs; and
- To process application for particular ID cards only, photos, previous residential addresses, details of any criminal offences and pending prosecutions and other information provided to us by third parties including Government authorities which includes criminal checks.
How we hold your personal information
- We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorised disclosure. We hold records containing your personal information in securely stored databases, which can only be accessed by authorised personnel using a password. Where we hold hard copies of records containing your personal information we only hold such records in locked storage cabinets which can only be accessed by authorised personnel using a key.
- Where we collect your information relating to direct marketing using paper forms, this information is entered into our secure databases and the paper forms are securely destroyed.
Consequences of not providing personal information
When using our website and dealing with us, you do not have to disclose your identity or provide any personal information. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products you seek, process any applications for the issue of an authority, licence, pass or permit or provide you with the level of service you require.
Information Collection & Use
Why we collect and how we use your personal information
Your personal and sensitive information, including any health information, is only collected as is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities, including but not limited to:
- conducting our general business operations which include maintenance of our business records, legal and insurance obligations, for example if you wish to use of our ground transportation services, or as part of our Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP);
- the investigation of incidents or potential incidents (which may include sharing personal information with third parties are necessary);
- to manage all complaints and claims made against us (including defending claims and enforcing contracts or agreements);
- processing applications, for example if you apply for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC), Visitors Identification Card (VIC), Authority to Drive Airside (ADA) or, Authority to Use Airside (AUA); the provision to you generally of products and services;
- engaging contractors or potential contractors;
- undertaking training, including health and safety training;
- as necessary to assist with health emergencies and with any special needs assistance including borrowing of wheelchairs from terminal;
- to conduct direct marketing activities including:
- Newsletters: if you wish to subscribe to the Hub or our other newsletter(s), we will use your name and contact details to send these newsletters to you;
- Rewards program: if you join one of our rewards programs, we will use your name and contact details to provide you with information relevant to the program and its benefits; and
- Events and promotions: to contact you about any upcoming events and promotions we think you will be interested in; and
Disclosure of your personal information overseas
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to third parties overseas.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personal information used for direct marketing each time we send you a direct marketing communication.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or other promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects your personal information.
Access to or correcting your personal information
You are entitled to access or request correction of the personal information about you held by us.
If you wish to request access to your personal information held by us, if you want to correct any information we hold, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing email@example.com. We will endeavour to give you access to your personal information within two weeks. In order to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, we will ask you to provide specific identification before we give you access.
If the information that we hold about you is incorrect or not up-to-date, we will update it as soon as possible after you have shown us how and why it is incorrect. If you want to correct information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for denying you access.
We will make a record of your complaint and will refer it internally for further investigation. We will contact you with our response within 30 days.
We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
We can also be contacted as follows:
- Privacy Officer – 02 6275 2222
© Canberra Airport Pty Limited – last updated: 19 September 2014