Skip to content

Travellers Information

Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS)

You can claim a refund on goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on certain goods you buy in Australia.

TRS is open to all overseas visitors and Australian residents, except for operating air crew.

To claim a refund you must:

Arrangements for TRS-claimable Goods in Checked Baggage

For more information visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website