Great news, we’ve been able to release a limited number of afternoon only tickets to Canberra Airport Open Day. Entry after 12pm. They’re live now – BOOK AFTERNOON TICKETS
Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the Canberra Airport Open Day!
The 2018 Open Day will be held on Sunday 8 April 2018, 9am – 3pm at Canberra Airport.
Come and climb aboard a modern plane or helicopter, or take a step back in time with a display from the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society.
There will be something for everyone including thrilling aerial displays from Australia’s Number 1 Aviator – Matt Hall, children’s rides, great food and entertainment for the whole family.
This is a free event for the Canberra community but tickets are essential.
Please note: entry fees apply for Historical Aircraft Restoration Society aircraft: Adults – $5, Child – $2, Family – $10
We’re changing things up for 2018, including a new location, free park-and-ride shuttle bus and ticketing system. Therefore we recommend you read all of the information below, even if you’ve been to a Canberra Airport Open Day before.
Date: Sunday 8 April, 2018
Time: 9am – 3pm
Cost: Free but tickets are essential
Tickets: Via Eventbrite
Where: Canberra Airport, entry via Catalina Drive
CATCHING THE BUS – BEST OPTION
Open Day is always very popular. We encourage you to take these buses and leave the car behind if possible.
There will be a free shuttle bus service operating from the City bus station and Russell. This service will operate every 10 minutes from 8.30am. Click here for more information, including stop locations.
DRIVING & PARKING
Coming from the North – Park at Majura Park
If you are coming from Canberra’s North, please park for free at Majura Park. If you are coming from Belconnen or the Inner North please take Fairbairn Avenue on to Majura Road. If you are coming from Gungahlin please take the Majura parkway and turn off at Fairbairn Avenue.
Entry to the event area is via the Catalina Drive entrance. Please note, this entry does involve walking over a grassed area.
See Google maps.
Coming from the South – Park at the Terminal
If you are arriving from Canberra’s South, please park for free at the Canberra Airport Terminal. Follow the signs to the dedicated free parking. Once you have parked follow the signs to the event zone off George Tyson Drive.
See Google maps.
Accessible parking is located off George Tyson Drive, opposite Canberra Helicopters. This car park affords access to the event area via hard surfaces.
See Google maps.
Canberra Airport Open Day is a family friendly event and we want everyone to have a great day, from our oldest to youngest aviation enthusiast.
Noise: This event includes aerial displays that can produce loud noises. We recommend bringing ear plugs with you.
Facilities: A parents’ room will be available in the event area.
There will be plenty of food stalls at Open Day with options including snacks, sausage sizzles, Peruvian street food, coffee and fresh juices.
An ATM will be available, however, we recommend you bring some cash with you.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your printed tickets
- A hat and sunscreen
- A rain jacket, in case of inclement weather
- Camera/smart phone
- Gold coin donations to enter historic aircraft
- Your love of all things aviation!
WHAT NOT TO BRING
This year’s Open Day will be entirely located within the airfield. Therefore, restrictions apply to what you can and cannot bring.
Do not bring:
- Anything you cannot take on board a domestic flight – this includes pocket knives, nail files and manicure scissors
- Dogs – Dogs are not permitted to attend Canberra Airport Open Day due to its location, assistance animals are permitted
- Excess items – random bag checks will occur throughout the event in all locations, therefore, to help reduce delays, we recommend bringing only what you need
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Please follow directions from Airport Staff & Security
- Please keep off the grass
- Stay within barricaded areas
- Do not touch aircraft displays
- Be mindful of your own and others’ safety
- Please dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided, rubbish can cause a safety hazard to aircraft
- We reserve the right to deny entry to any persons
- You may be requested to open your bags for inspection, random bag checks may occur throughout the event in all locations
- Smoking is not permitted
- Dogs are not permitted, assistance animals excepted