The cost of flying between Canberra and Sydney is often high, considering it is only a short route. In addition to this, the route has seen a high number of cancellations, with Canberra to Sydney cancellations rising well above the national average throughout 2017.
It’s a situation that has been receiving plenty of media attention, as evidenced in the articles below.
Canberra Airport calls for bargain fares on flights from capital to Sydney
– The Canberra Times, January 11, 2018
Canberra Airport ‘certainly interested’ in Jetstar flying from capital to Sydney
– The Canberra Times, January 15, 2018
Barnaby Joyce asked to tackle SYD-CAN flight cancellations
– Financial Review, January 16, 2018
Sydney to Canberra flights cancellations remain high in October
– The Canberra Times, November 23, 2017
Flights between Canberra and Sydney most likely to be cancelled, new data shows
– The Canberra Times, October 30, 2017