Alliance Airlines has joined the Canberra Airport family, flying direct to the Sunshine Coast! With no quarantine required*, it’s time to book a holiday!
From Cooloola to Caloundra, the Sunshine Coast encompasses popular destinations including Noosa, Coolum and the Hinterland. To help make your holiday planning easier, we have compiled our favourite things to see and do!
Restaurants/Food & Drinks:
- Sum Yung Guys, Sunshine Beach: this trendy Asian cuisine restaurant is co-owned by Matty Sinclair who was a contestant on MasterChef.
- Noosa Heads Surf Life Saving Club, Noosa: the perfect location for afternoon drinks with a prime view.
- Orleans, Maroochydore: a modern fusion between New Orleans and French Cuisine – the perfect spot for a date.
- Sails Restaurant, Noosa: a fancy seafood lunch or dinner on the water with the whole family.
- Rice Boi, Mooloolaba: a delicious Asian streetfood menu for a quick lunch or afternoon drinks.
- Sunshine Beach Surf Club: listen to live music with great views and drinks.
Places to go:
- Land and sea brewery, Noosa: a funky brewery that also has a gin distillery inside. Hidden in the back streets of industrial Noosa.
- Pomona Distilling Co, Pomona: the recently opened distillery makes for a great day trip into the Hinterland. You might also get in a hike.
- Eumundi Markets, Noosa: a great little market with local produce and hand made goods.
- Australia Zoo: head a little further south to visit the Australia Zoo – the perfect day trip the whole family can enjoy.
- Hastings Street Noosa: the main street of Noosa has a lot to offer with boutique shops and cafes.
- Beaches: the Sunshine Coast has some beautiful beaches, including Mooloolaba Beach and Maroochydore Beach.
- Noosa Boardwalk: includes koalas and beautiful views, and you can stop for a swim along the way.
- Mount Coolum: a more adventurous hike with rewarding views at the top.
- Buderim Forest Waterfall Walk: a beautiful rainforest walk that isn’t too strenuous!
To book your flights from Canberra to Maroochydore, click here.
*To read the latest border information and restrictions on people travelling from Canberra to Queensland, click here.